Welcome to the SDAND!
SDAND is an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, formerly the American Dietetic Association. SDAND is a professional organization of over 200 registered dietitians, licensed nutritionists, dietetic technicians and dietetic students, residing in and around the state of South Dakota.
As a SDAND member, you participate in an elaborate network of nutrition professionals and friends who continue to have a profound impact in the field of dietetics both locally and nationally. You remain informed of the latest issues affecting nutrition in South Dakota and in the food industry nationwide. Most importantly, you become part of a larger community of South Dakota nutrition professionals, who share a like commitment to the nutritional challenges our state faces everyday in healthcare.
SDAND membership benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to the "Member's Only" area of the website which contains, job listings, news around the state of South Dakota, up-to-date legislative information, and membership directory
- Member savings on registration fee for the Academy, FNCE, SDAND Annual Conference, and Public Policy and Advocacy Day
- Eligibility to apply for Awards and Scholarships
- Free subscription to SDAND newsletter The Digest
- Free subscription to the Academy online version of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Access to the Academy's Evidence Analysis Library for the latest and best scientific and evidence-based information, including summaries of research in diseases and conditions like childhood overweight hyperlipidemia and critical illness
- Access to the Academy's Scientific Summaries addressing the "hot" research studies in the five priority emerging areas: Obesity/Overweight, Aging, Complementary Care and Dietary Supplements, Food Supply, Human Genome, and Genetics
- E-mail notifications on professional development opportunities and industry related trends
We would love for you to join! To join SDAND, click here.